Monday, January 5, 2009

Child support. Is it really that serious?

Yesterday, I heard the most disturbing news to date. Yes, I know, we are only 5 days into the new year, but I really could not believe my ears. A man killed his son because he didn't want to pay child support. Wow!! The boy was only 2 years old. Apparently, the father never spent time with him during these 2 years of his life, but when ordered to pay to support the child, he decides to pick him up under the pretense of spending time with his son. Wow! He apparently owed $4000 in child support payments.

This idiot actually admitted to killing his son because he didn't want to support him financially. According to News Services, he also said, "I'm sorry about killing my baby. I had a whole bunch of reasons." Wow! I would surely love to hear these "bunch of reasons" he has for killing a 2 year old boy. Is supporting your child really that serious?

I hear all types of stories of how men will quit a job so that they don't have to pay child support. Or they will opt to work "under the table" to avoid child support payments. I've also heard stories of men who pay less than $200 a month, but will still petition the court for a decrease in payments. I mean, come on, is it that bad? I believe that these men are the immature one's who think that their money is going to somehow benefit the mother of the child. That is so ridiculous to me. Think about it. The mother of that child provides, shelter, clothes, food, entertainment, etc., and all you have to pay is $200 or less to help support and you really believe that she is living large off of your money? Wow!

I'm really at a loss for words on this one. I just can't wrap my mind around it. How did he kill the baby? Can you imagine a 2 year old looking up at him as he takes his last breath? And all this dude can say is, "I have a whole bunch of reasons" Wow! The only thing I can say today is, ladies, lets try to be a little more careful on who we choose to have children with. I know, we really don't know what a person is capable of, but we have to do better.

Sweet T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I feel you. What is the world coming too. How selfish do you have to be, and after all that he still owes for child support. I would have rather he just not pay than to take that baby's life. Now he is paying in so many other ways.

My Favorites

  • My Son
  • My Family
  • My KD
  • My Friends
  • Kindred Family Soul
  • Eric Roberson
  • Fred Hammond
  • Jill Scott
  • Mary J. Blige
  • Left Behind Series
  • Love Jones
  • Coming to America
  • The Bridges of Madison County
  • The Color Purple
  • The Kite Runner
  • The Wire
  • Boomerrang
  • The Notebook
  • Love and Basketball

"MISERY HAS ENOUGH COMPANY. DARE TO BE HAPPY!"

"I'm calling out to You, for a strength exchange. I'll gladly take Your Joy, for my weakness"