Saturday, January 3, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

We are 3 days into the new year and I'm sitting here trying to think of what I can do to make this year a year that can impact my life in a positive way. Last year, 2008, was not a bad year, I must admit, but there are some things that I feel I could have done a little better. I know we all make the new years resolution to lose weight, to exercise, to go to work on time things like that. But this year, I want to really put some thought into it, and make life changes, not just resolutions.

I really want to map out this year. I want to take a look at my life to see what can be made better for me, set a list of priorities, and figure out ways to make these things happen. I have to do some serious soul searching. I'm going to have to get closer to God to find my life's purpose. But I'm ready to do just that. Several years ago, I went through a transition in my life, that I feel has changed me for good. I learned some things about me that hurt, but I also learned some things about me that freed me. I know this transition is going to be the same. I know there are going to be some revelations about myself that will not make me feel good, but I also know that there are things that I will learn about myself that will make me feel good, and some that will come as a surprise to me. Yes, there are still some things that I don't know about myself yet.

One thing I did learn about myself in 2008 is that I love spending time with my family. This past year, we've spent a great deal of time together, and I realize that those are the times that I'm the most happiest. No, we are not perfect, but what family is? Another thing I realized last year is that having a good relationship is possible. Again, no relationship is perfect, but a relationship that is perfect for ME is possible. :)

All in all, 2008 was a good year. I'm hoping that 2009 can be even better. Although my life is not perfect, I can always find some things that just can't be changed. Also, there are some things that can be changed. My tidbit for today is: Take inventory of your life. Look at the things around you that you know you can't live without and begin to feed those things to make them grow. Look at those things in your life that you are not happy with and make a plan to change those things or make them better. Forget about the past, live for today. Life is too short to look behind. Look forward and press on to a better 2009 and beyond.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sweet T.

No comments:

My Favorites

  • My Son
  • My Family
  • My KD
  • My Friends
  • Kindred Family Soul
  • Eric Roberson
  • Fred Hammond
  • Jill Scott
  • Mary J. Blige
  • Left Behind Series
  • Love Jones
  • Coming to America
  • The Bridges of Madison County
  • The Color Purple
  • The Kite Runner
  • The Wire
  • Boomerrang
  • The Notebook
  • Love and Basketball

"MISERY HAS ENOUGH COMPANY. DARE TO BE HAPPY!"

"I'm calling out to You, for a strength exchange. I'll gladly take Your Joy, for my weakness"